Bef. 1952

1952

1968

2000

Today

Before 1952

The history of Hanns G. Werner GmbH begins in post-war Germany. Walter J. F. Werner, father of Hanns G. Werner, founded a production for sweets in Altona. In addition to the production of sweets - after the time of need a coveted treat. Furthermore, chocolate marshmallows were produced and sold in cooperation with a Danish partner.

Hanns G. Werner was there from the beginning and thus learned a lot about confectionery production.

1952

 In 1952, Hanns G. Werner founded the company, which still bears his name, in Tornesch, just outside Hamburg. The company focused on one product - on nonpareile, until today an important product for Hanns G. Werner GmbH.

The owner, an employee and an apprentice were the personal basis for continuity and ever-growing success in the following decades to the present day.

1968

The sixties were characterized by consistent growth and expansion of the product range. The company building, the old flour mill in Hafenstrasse in Tornesch, had already been extensively expanded in 1968 to meet the company's growing space requirements.

Also in 1968, a very successful niche product was created: Based on an idea by the Hamburg graphic artist Günter Jürgens, the "Hamburg Elbkiesel" was produced for the first time. The popular marzipan brewing in Apothecary Glass had 39 variations to this day.

This first branded product was followed by many other successful private labels over the next few years.

2000

 In the years up to the turn of the millennium, the successful founding of the company turned it into a solid, well-placed family business. Ongoing increases in sales and controlled growth are the proof of "hanseatic" solid business management.

In addition to economic success, the fair treatment of employees plays a central role at Hanns G. Werner GmbH. Thus, reliable and competent employees often remained with the company for many years, and on the occasion of the company's 50th anniversary, five employees were already congratulated on their 25th anniversary.

.

Today

Today the company Hanns G. Werner GmbH is successfully run by the next generation. The sons of the company founder, Holger Werner, Christian Werner and Dr. med. Detlef Werner, are consistently introducing the company to new markets, thus ensuring solid and consistent further development in the future.

Hanns G. Werner GmbH has been a high-performance and reliable partner to the confectionery industry worldwide since the founding of the company until today and also in the future.